This Sunday from 10 AM - 4 PM get out into the great outdoors at one of our favorite spots, Camp Little Notch! Why should you bundle up and strap on some snowshoes??
- Because maybe you have never been winter hiking or snowshoeing and want to try it.
- Because maybe you have new snowshoes or cross country skis or new boots.
- Because you can see otter tracks in the fresh snow and see where they play and slide around!
- Because the Mount Hope Iron Furnace looks so amazing in the snow!
- Because Summer will seem so far away that you need to come to camp for a day.
- Because Camp Little Notch is magical in the snow!
There will be a cozy fire and hot beverages and snacks in Brook Haven, and there may be otter, deer, bunny, fox, mouse and chipmunk tracks in the snow. The lake will be frozen over. The waterfalls will be playing little ice songs and will sparkle in the sun.
There is a mile long hike/snowshoe in after parking at the Sly Pond Rd trailhead clearing, so this might not be okay for younger children. Dogs are welcome! Bring water and a lunch.
Meet at the Stewarts parking lot (address 977 State Route 149).
You will need to sign a waiver, and provide proof of rabies vaccination for your dog. $5 donation is recommended but not required.
Please RSVP by emailing Tess@FriendsofCLN.org.
This event is weather dependent.
To find out more about Camp Little Notch and check out their summer camp registration info, click the button below: