Come and Celebrate the Makers Revolution and Sustainable Food Movement at the Markets at Round Lake this weekend.
Three Markets – Two Days – One Eclectic Village
August 11th & 12th, 2018 from Sat. 9am to 5pm & Sun. 10am to 4pm
For one weekend in August, we will be showcasing over 80 of the best and brightest Artisans in the local and regional Maker, Crafter and Artisanal Edibles community. These Makers, who have been selectively juried, will converge within an eclectic village bringing forth the latest talent and hottest trends.
- The Makers - talented and passionate vendors with a variety of handmade goods from leather bags to ceramics, clothing to candles, industrial chic to upcycled jewelry and much more.
- The Food Market –pre-packaged goods with tastes ranging from salsa and sauerkraut, craft ciders and spirits to sweet treats and spices.
- The Book Market - will feature more than 15,000 used and some rare books in the historic Round Lake Auditorium. Preview day Friday from 5pm-7pm with Hardcovers $2, Paperbacks $1. Saturday and Sunday, Hardcovers $1, Paperbacks 50¢.
- Live Music - sponsored by The Mill on Round Lake with musical guests: Stories Told ~ Gary Moon & Alice Jenkins Hausmann, Round Lake Heartstrings, Mike Gowens, Kate Blain, Jeanine Ouderkirk Jazz Duo. Sunday: DJ Selector David Normal.
- Featuring - BarStream serving up beer, cider and wine from their iconic vintage 1966 Airstream and Food Trucks Capital Q, Burger 21, Samosa Shack, The Plaid Pancake, The Hungry Traveler, Tin Can Juicery and O’Pablo’s Food Truck, as well the WRLIS Pie Booth.
- For Kids - The Creativity Caravan - A travelling studio, gallery, and imaginarium which is sure to spark, engage, and nourish creativity in kids of all ages. Join us in front of the Round Lake Auditorium for a delightful experience of miniature book-making! Participants will have the opportunity to learn how to make their very own miniature books, with lots of materials and embellishments available to fill the books with stories and illustrations.
This is a FREE event and is a fundraiser sponsored by The Woman’s Round Lake Improvement Society (WRLIS) for the Round Lake Libraries and the historic Village of Round Lake. So, come meet the makers, Taste the goodness, Read a piece of history, Listen to live music and Shop Local!
LOCATION: Village Green - 49 Burlington Ave, Round Lake NY 12151
DATE & TIME: August 11th & 12th - Sat. 9am to 5pm & Sun. 10am to 4pm
ADMISSION: Free Admission