Got some post-holidays cabin fever? Head to The Children's Museum at Saratoga for some of these great January programs!
Special Workshops & Programs:
- Saturday, January 6th 9:30 -11:30 am - Young Essential Oils Workshop. Come and meet Devin White and Erin Joseph for a special essential oil infused jewelry / necklace activity at the museum. Join us as we create a necklace or bracelet with wooden beads and a leather tassel that will work as your own personal little diffuser for essential oils. Put a drop or two of your favor-ite oil on it and you are ready to go. Parents and kids of all ages are welcome! Free with museum admission. This workshop is open to families with children of all ages.
- Monday, January 15th 9:30 am – 10:15 am Bend & Stretch Yoga Sprouts – (Ages 1-2) and Monday, January 15th 10:30 am – 11:15 am Bend & Stretch Yoga Sprouts – (Ages 3-5) Children and their caregivers are invited to join us for this special parent and me yoga class! We will introduce children to yoga through guided movement, games and music. We are looking forward to working with Megan Brenenstuhl! A Yoga Alliance certified 200 HR Yoga Teacher and Meditation Facilitator, Megan Brenenstuhl has been practicing yoga since 2003 and enjoys working with all ages. Per class fee of $12 for CMAS members child/caregiver duos and $16 for non-members duos!
- Friday, January 19th: 6pm-9pm Kids Night Out: Winter Wonder—, pre-registration required. Drop the kids off at The Children’s Mu-seum for a fun-filled evening so you can go on a date-night, go see a movie or just relax! Your children will get to play in our hands-on exhibits, enjoy a pizza dinner, socialize, and party! Our community room will be transformed and filled with fun Winter themed activities and crafts. Children must be potty trained. This program is for children ages 4 & up. $20 per child ($15 for each additional child).
- Saturday, January 27th, 10am & 2pm - S.T.E.M. Club: Mystery Box Challenge—The Mystery Box Challenge presents kids and their parents with an age appropriate prompt inviting invention. Just one catch: you can only use materials inside the box provided. You are challenged to think in design terms. What does this invention need to do? How can I build it so it does that AND stays together? Throughout the process kids and their parents tap into their critical thinking skills! Drop-in, families with children ages 4 and up. Free with museum admission.
- Sunday, January 28th: 10am till noon - Making Connections Autism Program –FREE for children on the autism spectrum and their families. This once a month program is offered by the Museum as an early intervention program for children on the autism spectrum and their families. Join us for a FREE morning of fun and play at the Museum, siblings welcome! Meet other families in the area, and meet specialists from AIM Services.
Ongoing programs at The Children's Museum at Saratoga...
Busy Bees: This open playgroup time is designed for our youngest visitors and their caregivers. We provide the space and activities that help to create an environment that fosters early childhood development skills in a social setting. Participating in programs like these increase children’s social and emotional development, their speech and language skills and their motor skills all while having fun and playing. Fridays: 10:00am-11:00am, drop-in, birth-24 months.
Crazy Crafters: Join us for a fun craft activity every Thursday beginning at 10am. Each week during the month of January will high-light a different exciting winter craft. Thursday, 10-11:30am: drop-in, ages 3 and up. January’s Crafts: Snowmen (Jan. 4th), Snowflakes (Jan. 11th), Create a Penguin (Jan. 18th), Winter Craft (Jan. 24th)
Tuesdays for Tots: This is a special time for our visitors to gain preschool and kindergarten readiness skills in a fun and social envi-ronment. Drop in between 10:00 and noon for a changing variety of hands-on art and skill building activities with friends. Tuesdays: 10:00am-Noon, drop-in, ages 2-5. January’s Themes are: Snowmen (Jan. 2nd), Winter Wonderland (Jan. 9th), Polar bears and Pen-guins (Jan. 16th), The Snowy Day (Jan. 23rd), Ice is Nice (Jan. 30th)
Science Explorers: Join us for our popular science investigation program. We will work together to investigate the world of science that is ALL around us! Thursdays: 10:30am drop-in, ages 3 and up. January’s themes are: Fishing for Ice (Jan. 4th), Fake Snow (Jan. 11th), Melting Snowmen (Jan. 18th), Pinecone Science (Jan. 24th)
Wiggles & Giggles: This is a play based program where young children can explore the world around them through guided free play. Together caretakers & the Museum foster the physical development of children in a social & creative environment. This is a great opportunity to meet new friends and get some time to wiggle and giggle through play. Participating in programs like these increase children’s social and emotional development, their speech and language skills and their motor skills all while having fun and playing. Fridays: 11:00am-12:00pm, drop-in, ages 2-5.
S.T.E.M. Club: Saturdays beginning January 13th @ 10am and 2pm. Join Erica every Saturday for an exploration of Science, technol-ogy, engineering and math. Beginning January 13th you will explore Creature Creations in which you will create your own creatures that can live in our area; Then come back on January 20th to explore Constellations and the night sky, and then design and name your own constellation. This program is designed for families with children aged 3 and up. This is a drop-in, Free museum program with admission.
The Children's Museum at Saratoga is located at 69 Caroline Street in Saratoga Springs. Click the button below to visit them online for more info: